To be seen on HGTV. Grand luxury in an urban chic location. 176 James Street is a charming downtown brownstone with character and class throughout. 10-foot ceilings on the main and second floor, large windows, intricate ceilings and chunky original baseboards, marble fireplace, inlaid hardwood floors, and the most spectacular open concept custom kitchen you have seen recently! This home has been renovated top to bottom by Scott McGillivray. The spacious grand foyer leads into large principle rooms with exquisite character details. The true heart of the home is the kitchen. Open concept kitchen dining allows for informal & formal living and entertaining. The second staircase at the back of the home is a convenience not often found today. Right off the incredible kitchen is a 3 season screened in porch for dining & living al fresco and beautifully overlooks the treed & landscaped backyard. The bedrooms upstairs are large and have the original hardwood continued throughout. One ensuite offers a clawfoot tub, brick wall and stained glass windows. The second more modern bathroom/laundry room has a custom vanity with double sinks, glass enclosed walk-in shower and a ton of style! The character has truly been preserved in this home. Located along 'Lawyers Row' it is a walk away from Montebello Park, banks, offices, shops, restaurants & cafe's and is a minutes drive to the major highways for quick commuting. Commercial zoning allows additional live/work opportunities. (id:17756)
- MLS: 18839328
- Style: Detached
- Type: Single Family / Freehold
- Building Type: House
- Land Size: under 1/2 acre
- Heating Fuel: Natural gas
- Heating Type: Forced air, Boiler
- Cooling Air: Air Conditioned, Central air conditioning
- Water: Municipal water
- Exterior: Brick
- Basement Type: Full (Unfinished)
- Basement Development: Unfinished
ROOMS & DIMENSIONS
- Ground Level2pc BathroomN/A
- Ground LevelDen15' 9'' x 13' 6''
- Ground LevelDining Room17' 9'' x 16' 5''
- Ground LevelFoyer31' 0'' x 6' 7''
- Ground LevelKitchen20' 0'' x 12' 4''
- Ground LevelLiving Room14' 0'' x 13' 2''
- Second Level4pc Ensuite BathN/A
- Second Level5pc Bathroom14' 0'' x 6' 8''
- Second LevelBedroom13' 0'' x 12' 9''
- Second LevelBedroom20' 0'' x 13' 0''
- Second LevelBedroom13' 0'' x 13' 0''